[Officer Academy] Recommended Lineup : Wu Bow

Hello, everyone. Lately, I noticed that there are more veteran players coming to our official forum and sharing their excellent lineups. I learned a lot from them. So today, I will summarize 3 Wu Bow lineups for you. Also, I would like to invite every player to share their lineups with us!

I. Traditional Wu Bow: Troop Qualities - SSA

Commander: Gan Ning - Weakest Link + Rain of Arrows

Deputy: Taishi Ci - Resist the Foe / Draw Bow

Deputy: Cheng Pu - White Horse Brigade / Focus Defence / Calvary Arrives

History Origin: Gan Ning, Taishi Ci, and Cheng Pu are the pillars of Eastern Wu who achieved many military exploits for their faction.

Gan Ning, who once persuaded Sun Quan to breach Huang Zu and capture Chuguan, followed Zhou Yu in the campaign for Yiling against Cao Ren. Not only that, he had also followed Lu Su to guard Yiyang against Guan Yu and followed Sun Quan to attack City Wan and capture Zhu Guang. He even led only hundreds of men to attack Cao Cao’s military camp at night and decapitated dozens of enemies. As Sun Quan once said, “Cao Cao has Zhang Liao, and I have Gan Ning. They are equally powerful.” Lu Meng once said, “The war will rage on. It is hard to find a capable military general such as Gan Ning. I must tolerate him the best I can.” He was revered as one of the “Jiangdong Tigers.”

Cheng Pu, who followed Sun Jian to eliminate the Yellow Turban rebels, participated in the campaign against Dong Zhuo and defeated both Hua Xiong and Lu Bu. After Sun Jian’s death, he helped Sun Ce conquer Jiangdong. In the Battle of Chibi, he and Zhou Yu took up the mantle of Marshals and worked together to defeat Cao Cao. Right after that, he achieved another victory in the battle of Commandery Nan against Cao Ren. Cheng Pu was the eldest military general of Eastern Wu. People respected him as “Lord Cheng” and one of the “Jiangdong Tigers.”

Taishi Ci (166 - 206), courtesy name Ziyi, was born in Yellow County, Donglai (also known as Eastern Huang Cheng Ji, Longkou, Shandong nowadays). Taishi Ci was a renowned general of the late Eastern Han dynasty who made Commandant of Jianchang in his late years. He was also a masterful archer and an experienced rider with a steady aim on a horse. He once broke out of a siege by himself to request Liu Bei for help to save Kong Rong. Before he defected to Sun Ce, Taishi Ci was originally a subordinate of Liu Yao. Since then, Taishi Ci had been aiding the Sun family in their cause of conquering Jiangdong as one of the commanding generals. After Sun Quan came into power, he trusted Taishi Ci to look after the south for his proven capability in the battle against Liu Pan.

Comment:

This is a versatile Control lineup featuring high damage output and several Control effects. With Gan Ning being the Commander, your lineup can switch to any Troop Type and perform just fine. Also, this lineup will have the upper hand and get to win by a lot in most battles, especially in a battle against Shu Spear, a lineup that focuses on healing.

II. Traditional Marshals: Troop Qualities - SSA

Commander: Zhou Yu - Soul Steal / Wit + Antidote / Falling Thunder / Lonely City

Deputy: Lu Xun - Way of Tao / White Brow / Frontline Hero / Eight Gold Locks Formation + Fan the Flames

Deputy: Lu Meng - Unstoppable Elites / White Horse Brigade + Apocalypse / Rain of Fire / Grand Design

History Origin:

As many of you may know, Eastern Wu has four Grand Marshals throughout its lifespan: Zhou Yu, Lu Xun, Lu Meng, and Lu Su. In the late Eastern Han dynasty where the Three Kingdoms existed, the Four Grand Generals of Eastern Wu were like the Five Tiger Generals of Shu Han and the Five Generals of Cao Wei, who were both knowledgeable and strong. Among these four Grand Marshals, Zhou Yu built his reputation in the Battle of Chibi, which gave birth to the Three Kingdoms. Lu Meng made his presence known to the world by ambushing Guan Yu and taking Jingzhou, allowing Eastern Wu to conquer all of Jiangdong. As for Lu Xun, his most iconic battle was the Battle of Yiling, where he defeated Liu Bei and devastated Shu Han, further establishing a strong foundation for Eastern Wu after they took Jingzhou.

The “Grand Marshal of Wu” Affinity Bonus increases all allies’ Speed by 16 and allows two allies to deal 5% more damage with their Active Tactics.

Comment:

This Marshals lineup features high burst damage. Camp Raid Shield and Zhuge Liang are the only two things that stand a chance against this lineup. And when this lineup gets to unleash their full potential, even the Camp Raid and Zhuge Liang will be no match for it. When this lineup gets to deal maximum burst damage, it can pretty much destroy any enemy, making it a good option when you get to go first.

III. Wu Emperor: Troop Qualities - SSS

Commander: Sun Quan - Grudge Bearer / Unstoppable Rider / Cruel Tyranny + Draw Bow / Hidden Secrets / Cut

Deputy: Taishi Ci - Resist the Foe / Draw Bow

Deputy: Gan Ning - Weakest Link + Rain of Arrows

Comment:

This lineup relies on Sun Quan’s Innate Command Tactic “Master of the Southeast,” boosting his combat capability and enabling him as the core Officer even though his four attributes are only mediocre. After you quickly stack the buffs, you get to deal burst damage. Additionally, your Troop Qualities for Bow are triple S, which will increase all Bow allies’ attributes to the max.

That’s about it for this review of Wu Bow lineups. Hopefully, you all learned something from it. Feel free to leave a comment down below to share with us your insights or thoughts!

Thank you for your time.